Nominations must be submitted on the BAPCO Awards Nomination Form. The Nomination Form has been designed to provide the judges with all the information they require to arrive at decisions. The judges will only evaluate material contained on the nomination form, disregarding any prior knowledge they may have of the nominees. No external support material will be accepted with submissions. Nominators will be entitled to include web links, photos and graphs, etc within the main body of the submission and we will encourage judges to view this additional information, as it may provide valuable evidence for the nomination.
- In no more than 1,000 words briefly explain how the nominee has met and/or exceeded category the criteria.
- Each category has specific criteria, which can be downloaded on the Categories page but all share the following general criteria:
- Significance to the sector: Broader significance to the sector, for example originality, pathfinder status or facilitated enhanced public safety.
- Transferability: An approach that can be readily replicated or addresses emerging challenges and opportunities and therefore has potential wider benefits if adopted elsewhere; and conversely, the effective use of practices learned or adopted from sectors outside public safety.
- Evidence: The quality and reliability of evidence supporting the claims being made, for example the qualitative and/or quantitative evidence of benefits and outcomes.
- Unusual features: Features which make the nomination ‘stand out from the crowd’, for example extraordinary commitment and impact of an individual or team.
- Outline the people involved, timescales, challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrate the impact of any initiative, activity, project or measures taken.
- Demonstrate how the nominee(s) exceeds industry norms, i.e. nominations need to show performance above and beyond standard practice.
- If relevant, explain any KPI’s that are relevant to your application and any relevant costs/resources, inputs/outputs.
- Nominations are to be submitted directly to email@example.com using the nomination form and should be accompanied by a supporting statement of no longer than 1,000 words, outlining how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
- The deadline for the submission of nominations is Wednesday 31 March 2021 at 5pm.
The Judging Panels will convene in April 2021 with finalists announced at the Inaugural BAPCO Awards ceremony in London on Thursday 10 June.